Old Pasadena Revitalization
Continuing our deep involvement in the history of revitalization of Old Pasadena, we have been commissioned to re-envision and design a new mixed-use development at the northwest corner of W. Green Street and Delacey. Widely recognized as the site of the famed Twin Palms restaurant, the location has spent the last 7 years mostly shuttered with one unsuccessful venture attempting to resuscitate the 'first-wave' Old Pasadenascene of the 90's. In a rapidly changing urban environment, it was decided the original structure could no longer satisfy the growing sustainable imperative for urban density, vitality, and long-range flexibility. To meet this imperative, we have proposed a three-story complex anchored by a central courtyard and sidewalk arcade which will be activated with restaurant and mixed use functions.
We are proud to add this project to our growing body work charged with awakening underutilized corners and axes in our home city, Pasadena:
- 1 Fair Oaks Mixed-Use Development (Fair Oaks & Green)
- Marriott Residence Hotel (Walnut & Corson)
- Hyatt Place Hotel (Green & Los Robles - former Macy's site)
- Paseo Colorado Block D (Colorado & Los Robles - former Macy's site)
- Fleming's Restaurant (Colorado & Marengo - former AT&T Building site)